2018 FATBACK CORVUS FLT
THIS FAT BIKE IS SIMPLY INCREDIBLE.
RideFATbikes.ca has custom built 4-season capable 2018 FATBACK CORVUS FLT race-spec fat bikes down to 22 lbs build weight including pedals!
PROVEN RACE PERFORMANCE, AMAZING RIDE QUALITY!
FATBACK put the Corvus on a diet of high modulus carbon fiber for the last 10 months, and the results are staggering for a savings of roughly half a pound (250g on the 18in model). Some companies drop weight by eliminating paint and rack mounts. FATBACK dropped weight by using a higher grade of carbon. (This new high-end carbon layup saved over a half a pound, and also made the entire frame 15% stiffer.)
FATBACK Bikes of Alaska says "And while we are there, a word about geometry. We did not go with the geo du jour, as these are not enduro bikes. There is nothing to be gained getting the front wheel way out in front of you and much to be lost. Without enough weight on the front wheel, the bikes can suffer severe understeer. Snow conditions vary more than any other and having a bike that instills ultimate confidence can make all the difference."
RESULT OF CONTINUED INNOVATION
FATBACK took the best handling bike in the business and squeezed out even more performance and fun, without sacrificing rack or bottle mounts even on the fork. The all-new Corvus FLT embodies everything you could want in the backcountry or your local trails.
THE NEXT EVOLUTION IN FAT BIKE PERFORMANCE
The all new Corvus FLT represents 10 years of Fat bike development by Fatback Bikes of Alaska, culminating in the most refined carbon fat bike available anywhere. Years of prototyping in extreme conditions guided design. While many companies dove into the frenzy just a few years ago and try to dazzle consumers with claims of the lightest, fastest, premier, best, etc...Fatback advances our lead in the industry with real world improvements and innovations such as suspension corrected geometry for those who run suspension, while still maintaining a massive front triangle for frame bags, and providing a great standover height. The all new carbon fork includes Anything cage mounts, uses a 150mm x 15mm hub and offers incredibly precise steering. The chainstays have been shortened further to 450mm, making climbing easier, but still keeping the front wheel properly weighted. Of course, rack mounts are standard, why wouldn't they be? And three bottle cages are standard as usual (on sizes 16" and up).
INDUSTRY REVIEWS of the FATBACK CORVUS
We have been able to custom build rigid (carbon fork) CORVUS FLT`s down to 22 lbs, and maintain a 4-season rating.
Most race-spec Corvus FLT builds with DT SWISS alloy wheelsets and Fatback Alaska hubs are 25 lbs or less.
Prices updated 16 MAR 2018
Exchange rate : $1 USD = $1.34 CDN
- Corvus FLT FRAMESET = 2600 USD = $3475 CDN
- Corvus FLT SLX = 3675 USD = $4925 CDN
- Corvus FLT XT = 4499 USD = $5995 CDN
- Corvus FLT GX1 = 3699 USD = $4950 CDN
- Corvus FLT GX1 EAGLE 12spd = 4075 USD = $5460 CDN
- Corvus FLT XO1 11spd = 4499 USD = $5995 CDN
- Corvus FLT XO1 EAGLE 12spd = 5140 USD = $6875 CDN
$749 CDN upcharge from Rigid Carbon fork to Manitou Mastodon PRO 100mm suspension fork
(ALL CORVUS FLT's COME STOCK WITH DT SWISS WHEELSETS)
$1135 CDN upcharge from DT SWISS to the Fatback Footprint carbon wheelset (w/Fatback Alaska hubs)
$2150 CDN upcharge from DT SWISS to the Fatback Footprint carbon wheelset (w/Industry Nine hubs)
- $1975 CDN upcharge from DT SWISS to the Dirt Components THUMPER carbon wheelset w/ Industry Nine Torch hubs (choice of colour) and custom vinyl rim decals.
- Jumbo Jim 4.8" to Terrene Cake Eater NON-STUDDED upgrade (26x4.0 or 26x4.6) = $85 CDN upcharge
- Jumbo Jim 4.8" to Terrene Cake Eater STUDDED TIRE upgrade (26x4.0 or 26x4.6) = $350 CDN upcharge
- Maxxis Minions (FBF/FBR or FBF/FBF) and Colossus tires available in 26 x 4.0" and 48.8" sizes for winter riding. (+$150ea CDN for each additional tire)
- Schwalbe ADDIX compound (Blue Stripe) Jumbo Jim Snakeskin Tubeless-Ready tires in 26 x 4.0", 4.4" and 4.8" sizes. (+$150 CDN for each additional tire)
- Maxxis MOUSETRAK dedicated studdable winter tire will be available soon!
TUBELESS TIRE CONVERSION
- Orange Seal Rim Tape, Valve Stems, Sealant and Tubeless Tire mounting and installation on new rims = $120 upcharge
CARBON BAR AND POST UPGRADE
- Alloy to Fatback Carbon handlebar upgrade = $159 CDN
- Alloy to Fatback Carbon Seatpost upgrade = $85 CDN
Upgrade options available to :
- RACEFACE NEXT SL, R, or G4 Carbon cranks
- SRAM XO1 EAGLE Carbon series cranks
- FRAME MATERIAL: Carbon
- REAR DROPOUT SPACING: 197 x 12mm
- DROPPER POST ROUTING: External
- FORK COMPATIBILITY: Rigid 15 x 150mm or suspension compatible
- TIRE SIZES : from 26x4" to 26x5", 27.5x4", 27.5+, 29+
- RECOMENDED TIRE OPTIONS: 26"X FAT" or 29" PLUS
- REAR RACK MOUNTS: Yes - Compatible with the Fatback LCG rack
- DRIVETRAIN: Optimized for 1X (comes stock with narrow "Q" factor 170 spindle length), can also run 2X with 190 spaced cranks
- CHAIN RING CLEARANCE: 34T(round ring)
- HEADSET: Integrated 1 1/8" Upper(Campy) - 1 1/5" Lower
- SEAT COLLAR 34.9mm
- SEATPOST: 31.6mm
STOCK BUILDS EQUIPPED WITH :
- all-new Carbon fork w/anything cage mounts
- DT SWISS wheelset laced to ever-smooth Fatback Alaska hubs
- Schwalbe Jumbo Jim 4.0 or 4.8 tires
- Hydraulic Brakes
- Available in 6 different BUILD KITS
AVAILABLE SIZES = 14, 16, 18, 20 and 22in carbon frames
AVAILABLE COLOURS = RED on BLACK or STEALTH BLACK
Please Call or email for specifics on custom builds of this Race-Spec bike.
We have built 4-season race-spec versions of this bike down to 22 and 23 lbs, pedals included.
2017 CORVUS FLT FRAME GEOMETRY
STACK AND REACH
View the STACK and REACH chart to the right to see how the new 2017 Fatback Corvus/FLT compares to all other Carbon Fat bike frames on the market in North America.
You will see it is an ideal snow bike race geometry or long-distance Ultra/excursion geometry. As frame size increases, the rider position changes from an upright position, to a progressively lower, slightly more stretched out race-spec condition, with rider weight forward of the bottom bracket, and leg muscles positioned into more of a "TT" power stance. Where the SKOOKUM is designed with AM MTB geo for fat bike domination on the toughest singletrack trails, the all-new CORVUS is designed to race on snow, and excel at it.
SIZING BASICS - Fatback sizes all their bikes the same as a normal MTB.
WHAT SIZES ARE OFFERED? - The CORVUS FLT is available in 14, 16, 18, 20 and 22" frames.
UNSURE OF WHAT SIZES WILL BEST FIT? - If you are still unsure about sizing, please contact us. If you have a mountain bike that fits you well, compare the STACK and REACH dimensions of that bike to the STACK and REACH of the CORVUS FLT.
AS A GENERAL RULE, FATBACK SUGGESTS :
- Under 5'2" = 14"
- 5'2" to 5'7" = 16"
- 5'7" to 6' = 18"
- 6' to 6'3" = 20"
- 6'3" to 6'8" = 22"
CORVUS FLT BUILD KITS
RIDEFATBIKES.CA CYCLING APPAREL
While shopping for a FATBACK Bike, check out our latest Winter 2017 Cycling Jacket, featuring the SKOOKUM, CORVUS and RHINO.