WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A FATBACK FLT
The crew at Fatback Bikes are always making tweaks to their personal rides to make them just a little better; trying new tires, brakes, drivetrains… So naturally, they do the same with the products they make. They asked "Can we make this stiffer, lighter, more comfortable and increase cold weather performance?" "Can we improve clearance for larger tires while maintaining narrow Q-factor?" Each Fat Bike model is designed for a certain purpose and the crew at Fatback focused on what would make each bike pedal, handle, and look better than ever. Each little aspect of design and performance is contemplated to see what they could improve upon. With this dedication to improvement, the crew at Fatback has released the new FLT product line, which focuses on bike frames and components with :
- Light Weight
- High Performance
- Premium Ride Quality
WHY MAKE THE RHINO FLT?
Because Fatback Bikes of Alaska always strives to make the best. They knew the Rhino was a great bike from the first ride, but not everyone needs or wants to be able to have a single speed. So Fatback started making the changes from there; they kept the chain stays at their shortest, added internal routing for a dropper post, and locked the engineers in a room until they came up with the best possible tubing profiles for this bike. Put it all together and the Rhino FLT was born. (and from our testing at RideFATbikes.ca, we can say this is one beautiful alloy frame!)
Performance at its best. The all new Rhino FLT sets the standard for performance alloy fat bikes. Light weight, increased stiffness and superior handling in all conditions. Call or email us today, to set up a test ride in the Burlington area.
2017 RHINO FLT FEATURES AND SPECS
- REAR DROPOUT SPACING: 197x12mm TA Through Axle
- DROPPER POST ROUTING: Yes, Internal and external routing
- FORK COMPATIBILITY: 150x15 TA Suspension Optimized for 470mm axle to crown length for rigid carbon, or 100mm Bluto/ Wren Suspension forks
- MAX TIRE SIZE: 5.0"
- AVAILABLE TIRE OPTIONS: 26 x 100mm rims up to 5in FAT, 27.5 x 3.8in PLUS, and 29er x 3.25" PLUS 150/197 hub spacing, TA
- REAR RACK MOUNTS: Yes - Compatible w/ the Fatback LCG rack
- DRIVETRAIN: Optimized for 1X 11/12
- CHAIN RING CLEARANCE: 34T(round ring) or 32T Oval
- HEADSET: ZS - 44mm upper/56mm lower
- BOTTOM BRACKET: 100mm BSA Threaded
- SEAT COLLAR 34.9mm
- SEATPOST: 31.6mm
FATBACK RHINO FLT GEOMETRY
RHINO FLT PRICING -- NOW IN STOCK in BURLINGTON, ON
Prices updated 08 SEP 2017 -- Exchange rate : $1 USD = $1.26 CDN
- w/stock lightweight Alloy fork = 1299 USD = $1639 CDN
- w/Fatback carbon cargo fork = 1500 USD = $1890 CDN
- w/Bluto RL 100mm fork = 1699 USD >> $2140 CDN
** Note : all complete builds now include Hydraulic Brakes by either SRAM (Guide R) or SHIMANO (M-series)
- Rhino FLT SLX = 2175 USD = $2740 CDN
- Rhino FLT XT = 2825 USD = $3560 CDN
- Rhino FLT GX1 (11spd) = 1999 USD = $2520 CDN
- Rhino FLT GX1 EAGLE (12spd) = 2450 USD = $3087 CDN
- Rhino FLT XO1 = 2825 USD = $3559 CDN (alloy fork), $3800 CDN (carbon fork) -> lightest build = 26 lbs !!
$250 CDN upcharge from Alloy fork to all-new Fatback Carbon cargo fork
$325 CDN upcharge from Alloy fork to Bluto RL 100mm suspension fork
$700 CDN upcharge from Alloy fork to Manitou Mastodon PRO 100mm suspension fork
$800 CDN upcharge from Alloy fork to WREN 110 ATK suspension fork
$600 CDN upcharge from Mulefut SL80 wheelset to the DT SWISS BR 710's
$1550 CDN upcharge from MuleFut SL80 wheelset to Dirt Components THUMPER carbon wheelset w/house hubs
$1700 CDN upcharge from Mulefut SL80 wheelset to the Fatback Footprint carbon wheelset
DROPPER POST UPGRADE :
$300 CDN upcharge from Fatback Carbon seatpost, and $400 upgrade from alloy seatpost, to the KS LEV dropper post
** Please CALL for special pricing on custom bike upgrades. Sometimes we are able to put together a customized package build for 10-20% less than posted if Fatback has an authorized sale on particular products.
FATBACK RHINO FLT BUILD KIT SPECS
RIDEFATBIKES.CA CYCLING APPAREL
While shopping for a FATBACK Bike, why not take a look at our latest 2017 Cycling Apparel, featuring the SKOOKUM, CORVUS and RHINO !!
FATBACK RHINO FLT Colour Options