2018 FATBACK CORVUS
FAST, EFFICENT, BALANCED AND DESIGNED TO WIN (THE IDITAROD)!
The bike that Jeff Oatley, Heather Best, and John Lackey propelled to overwhelming record setting victories in the Alaskan Iditarod Trail Invitational, the granddaddy of all winter endurance races, The Corvus is an instant classic. Utilizing the greatest testing ground in the world (our back yard "Alaska"), the Corvus is optimized for stability and speed. Whether it's a two hour rip on single track, or a week long fatpacking adventure, the Corvus will handle it with ease.
THE NEXT EVOLUTION IN FAT BIKE PERFORMANCE
The all new Corvus represents 10 years of Fatbike development by Fatback Bikes of Alaska, culminating in the most refined carbon fatbike available anywhere. Years of prototyping in extreme conditions guided design. While many companies dove into the frenzy just a few years ago and try to dazzle consumers with claims of the lightest, fastest, premier, best, etc...Fatback advances our lead in the industry with real world improvements and innovations such as suspension corrected geometry for those who run suspension, while still maintaining a massive front triangle for frame bags, and providing a great standover height. The all new carbon fork includes Anything cage mounts, uses a 150mm x 15mm hub and offers incredibly precise steering. The chainstays have been shortened further to 450mm, making climbing easier, but still keeping the front wheel properly weighted. Of course, rack mounts are standard, why wouldn't they be? And three bottle cages are standard as usual (on sizes 16" and up).
INDUSTRY REVIEWS of the FATBACK CORVUS
Find out why Fatback has dominated the winter ultra scene for a decade! Give us a call today to set up a test ride !
Prices updated 8 JUL 2018
Exchange rate : $1 USD = $1.35 CDN
- Corvus FRAMESET = 2200 USD = $2970 CDN
- Corvus SLX = 3200 USD = $4320 CDN
- Corvus XT = 3875 USD = $5225 CDN
- Corvus GX1 = 3000 USD= $4050 CDN
- Corvus GX1 EAGLE (12spd) = 3500 USD = $4725 CDN
- Corvus XO1 EAGLE (12spd) = 4650 USD = $6275 CDN
- Corvus XO1 = 3875 USD = $5225 CDN
$749 CDN upcharge from Rigid Carbon fork to Manitou Mastodon PRO 100mm suspension fork
(Note : all our wheelsets listed below are 4-season rated. In addition, the carbon wheelsets are double-wall for added strength)
$265 CDN upcharge from the base Mulefut SL80's, to the Fatback BIG SU wheelset (save over 1 lb off bike weight)
$1150 CDN upcharge from the BIG SU, to Dirt Components THUMPER carbon wheelset w/house hubs
$1138 CDN upcharge from the BIG SU, to the Fatback FOOTPRINT carbon wheelset w/FB Alaska hubs
$1950 CDN upcharge from the BIG SU, to Dirt Components THUMPER carbon wheelset w/Industry Nine Torch hubs
$2175 CDN upcharge from the BIG SU, to the Fatback FOOTPRINT carbon wheelset w/Industry Nine Torch Hubs
- Jumbo Jim 4.8" to Terrene Cake Eater NON-STUDDED upgrade (26x4.0 or 26x4.6) = $85 CDN upcharge
- Jumbo Jim 4.8" to Terrene Cake Eater STUDDED TIRE upgrade (26x4.0 or 26x4.6) = $350 CDN upcharge
TUBELESS TIRE CONVERSION
- Orange Seal Rim Tape, Valve Stems, Sealant and Tubeless Tire mounting and installation on new rims = $120 upcharge
CARBON BAR AND POST UPGRADE
- Alloy to Fatback Carbon handlebar upgrade = $159 CDN
- Alloy to Fatback Carbon Seatpost upgrade = $85 CDN
- Complete frame-up custom builds available upon request. Check out our Instagram account for examples of our custom work.
- FRAME MATERIAL: Carbon
- REAR DROPOUT SPACING: 197 x 12mm
- DROPPER POST ROUTING: External
- FORK COMPATIBILITY: Rigid 15 x 150mm or suspension compatible
- MAX TIRE SIZE: 5.0"
- RECCOMENDED TIRE OPTIONS: 26"X FAT" or 29" PLUS
- REAR RACK MOUNTS: Yes
- DRIVETRAIN: Optimized for 1X (comes stock with narrow "Q" factor 170 spindle length), can also run 2X with 190 spaced cranks
- CHAIN RING CLEARANCE: 34T(round ring)
- HEADSET: Integrated 1 1/8" Upper(Campy) - 1 1/5" Lower
- SEAT COLLAR: 34.9mm
- SEATPOST: 31.6mm
- NOTE : Stock Corvus bikes come with the all-new colour-matching Carbon cargo fork, MuleFut SL80 wheelsets, with Schwalbe Jumbo Jim 4.0 or 4.8 tires.
- AVAILABLE COLOURS: Orange/Blue, Black/Green, Black/Orange
2018 CORVUS FRAME GEOMETRY
View the STACK and REACH chart to the right to see how the new 2017 Fatback Corvus compares to all other Carbon Fat bike frames on the market in North America. You will see it is an ideal snow bike race geometry or long-distance Ultra/excursion geometry. As frame size increases, the rider position changes from an upright position, to a progressively lower, slightly more stretched out race-spec condition, with rider weight forward of the bottom bracket, and leg muscles positioned into more of a "TT" power stance. Where the SKOOKUM is designed with AM MTB geo for fat bike domination on the toughest singletrack trails, the all-new CORVUS is designed to race on snow, and excel at it.
CORVUS BUILD KITS
RIDEFATBIKES.CA CYCLING APPAREL
While shopping for a FATBACK Bike, check out our latest Winter 2017 Cycling Jacket, featuring the SKOOKUM, CORVUS and RHINO.