2018 FATBACK RHINO FLT
Special thanks for the video courtesy of Pat Smage, and FATBACK Bikes.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A FATBACK FLT
The crew at Fatback Bikes are always making tweaks to their personal rides to make them just a little better; trying new tires, brakes, drivetrains… So naturally, they do the same with the products they make. They asked "Can we make this stiffer, lighter, more comfortable and increase cold weather performance?" "Can we improve clearance for larger tires while maintaining narrow Q-factor?" Each Fat Bike model is designed for a certain purpose and the crew at Fatback focused on what would make each bike pedal, handle, and look better than ever. Each little aspect of design and performance is contemplated to see what they could improve upon. With this dedication to improvement, the crew at Fatback has released the new FLT product line, which focuses on bike frames and components with :
- Light Weight
- High Performance
- Premium Ride Quality
WHY MAKE THE RHINO FLT?
Because Fatback Bikes of Alaska always strives to make the best. They knew the Rhino was a great bike from the first ride, but not everyone needs or wants to be able to have a single speed. So Fatback started making the changes from there; they kept the chain stays at their shortest, added internal routing for a dropper post, and locked the engineers in a room until they came up with the best possible tubing profiles for this bike. Put it all together and the Rhino FLT was born. (and from our testing at RideFATbikes.ca, we can say this is one beautiful alloy frame!)
Performance at its best. The all new Rhino FLT sets the standard for performance alloy fat bikes. Light weight, increased stiffness and superior handling in all conditions. Call or email us today, to set up a test ride in the Burlington area.
We have custom built RHINO FLTs down to 24 lbs, while still maintaining 4-season durability. Average build weights for rigid (carbon fork) bikes with XO1 11spd and DT SWISS wheelsets are 26-27 lbs. About 4-7 lbs lighter than most other brands of alloy fat bikes.
Prices updated 8 JUL 2018
Exchange rate : $1 USD = $1.35 CDN
- w/Stock Alloy fork = 1299 USD = $1755 CDN
- w/Fatback Carbon cargo fork = 1500 USD = $2025 CDN
- w/Mastodon COMP fork = 1699 USD = $2290 CDN
- w/Mastodon PRO fork = 1899 USD = $2560 CDN
- Rhino FLT SLX = 2175 USD = $2935 CDN
- Rhino FLT XT = 2825 USD = $3798 CDN
- Rhino FLT GX1 (11spd) = 1999 USD = $2698 CDN
- Rhino FLT GX1 EAGLE (12spd) = 2450 USD = $3298 CDN
- Rhino FLT XO1 = 2825 USD = $3798 CDN
FREE $250 CDN upgrade from rigid alloy to Fatback Carbon cargo fork (lightest, fastest option for XC adventure riding)
$575 CDN upcharge to Mastodon COMP suspension fork
$750 CDN upcharge Mastodon PRO 100 suspension fork
$265 CDN upcharge from Mulefut SL80 wheelset to the DT SWISS BR 710's (save over 1 lb off bike weight)
$1150 CDN upcharge from DT SWISS BR 710 wheelset to Dirt Components THUMPER carbon wheelset w/house hubs
$1950 CDN upcharge from DT SWISS BR 710 wheelset to Dirt Components THUMPER carbon wheelset w/Industry Nine Torch hubs
DROPPER POST UPGRADE
$450 to $525 CDN upcharge from Fatback Alloy or Carbon seatpost, to the 9point8 FALL LINE dropper post
TUBELESS TIRE CONVERSION
- Orange Seal Tubeless Tire kit install = $120 upcharge
- Contact us for the full line of carbon upgrades with this bike
- REAR DROPOUT SPACING: 197x12mm TA Through Axle
- DROPPER POST ROUTING: Yes, Internal and external routing
- FORK COMPATIBILITY: 150x15 TA Suspension Optimized for 470mm axle to crown length for rigid carbon, or 100mm Mastodon and Wren Suspension forks
- MAX TIRE SIZE: 5.0"
- AVAILABLE TIRE OPTIONS: 26 x 100mm rims up to 5in FAT, 27.5 x 3.8in PLUS, and 29er x 3.25" PLUS 150/197 hub spacing, TA
- REAR RACK MOUNTS: Yes
- DRIVETRAIN: Optimized for 1x 11 or 12 speed drivetrains
- CHAIN RING CLEARANCE: 34T(round ring) or 32T Oval
- HEADSET: ZS - 44mm upper/56mm lower
- BOTTOM BRACKET: 100mm BSA Threaded
- SEAT COLLAR 34.9mm
- SEATPOST: 31.6mm
- AVAILABLE COLOURS:
- BLACK w/ BLUE and WHITE graphics
- ORANGE w/ BLUE and WHITE graphics
- ALEUTIAN GREEN w/ YELLOW and WHITE graphics
- GLACIER BLUE w/ SILVER and WHITE graphics
FALL/WINTER 2017 FATBACK RHINO FLT -- LATEST BUILD KITS SPECS AND PRICING
(Note : If comparison shopping, we do not carry any previous year (2016-17) models, that included Blutos, Mechanical brakes, older Wheelset designs, wire-bead Tires that were not tubeless ready, nor the older Rhino frames that were about 1 lb heavier.
We only stock and build the latest spec'd RHINO FLT 2017-18 bikes, shipped directly from FATBACK BIKES of ALASKA.)
RHINO FLT FRAME GEOMETRY
RHINO FLT BUILD KITS
RIDEFATBIKES.CA CYCLING APPAREL
While shopping for a FATBACK Bike, check out our latest 2017 Cycling Apparel, featuring the SKOOKUM, CORVUS and RHINO FLT.